Gilan Province

Gilan Province

About Gilan Province

استان گیلان


The province is located to the northern of Iran and southwest of the Caspian Sea. Its neighbors are: Caspian Sea and Azerbaijan to the north, Ardabil Province to the West, Qazvin and Zanjan Provinces to the South and Mazandaran Province to the East. Relying on some archeological excavations and hints, Gilan's origination can be dated back to the period before the last ice age (between 50 and 150 thousand years ago).

The plains constitute 40% of the lands in Gilan Province and mountainous areas make up the remaining 60%. With an area of 14,711 square kilometers, the province encompasses 0.9% of the country's total area and therefore, it ranks twenty-sixth among the country's provinces in terms of total area. ....Read More...


up

About Gilan Province | استان گیلان About Gilan Province | استان گیلان

Masuleh Village

روستاي ماسوله


The historical town of Masouleh, having an attractive nature and a wonderful architecture with an antiquity of more than 1000 years, is situated at a distance of 35 km from Fooman and 60 km from Rasht, and 1050 m. above the Caspian Sea. Masouleh is registered as historical towns in the historical & cultural heritage register under the number 1090. ....Read More...


up

About Gilan Province | استان گیلان About Gilan Province | استان گیلان

Latoun Waterfall

آبشار لاتون


Latoun Fall is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Iran.

The fall is located in Lavandevil City which is in Astara County.

The approximate height of the waterfall is 105 meters and that's why this fall is the highest fall in Gilan Province and Iran. ....Read More...


up

About Gilan Province | استان گیلان About Gilan Province | استان گیلان

Rudkhan Castle

قلعه رودخان


This castle is constructed smartly on top of two peaks on a mountain which are 715m and 670m tall. This medieval castle covers an area of 50000 sq m and is situated 25 km from Foman city. Rudkhan Castle is one of the most splendidly preserved castles. All the 42 towers of the castle still stand intact with all their glory. The castle is believed to be built in the ....Read More...


up

About Gilan Province | استان گیلان About Gilan Province | استان گیلان

The Heyran Tourist Region

منطقه گردشگری حیران


The Heyran Tourist Region is situated 30 kilometers west of Astara in Gilan Province and consists of three villages: the Lower Heyran, the Middle Heyran, and the Upper Heyran.

The Heyran Pass is one of the most important tourist attractions of these villages and is located on the road connecting Astara to Ardabil. It faces the forest-covered mountains on ....Read More...


up

هم وطن عزیز شما نیز می توانید در صورت داشتن عکس و یا ویدئو مربوط به این مکان، آنها را به آدرس ایمیل iran@untoldiran.com ارسال کنید و یا در قسمت comment قرار دهید.

Subscribe to our free newsletter and be the first to know about new posts!


Please only ask questions about Iranian culture and Iran travel tips. Please ask in English and be brief. We reserve the right to not publish inappropriate questions.

Please type the value you see:


Your question will be translated to Persian and posted in our Iranian forum . Once an answer is received from a real Iranian, it will be translated to English and posted here.


Zafaranieh Plaza | مجتمع تجاری زعفرانيه
Zafaranieh Plaza | مجتمع تجاری زعفرانيه

Kish Commercial Center
Kish Commercial Center



Photos by UntoldIran's members